Sunday 19 June 2011

Of Muck And Reservoirs

So I thought I'd deviate from profound musings for a bit and give you a peek into a week (no rhyme intended!) of life - on a farm - in Africa. Today's adventure: cleaning a reservoir! We had some friends visiting, and of course we couldn't just leave them out, so two of them got down in the muck with the boys. Since I appointed myself photographer, I couldn't exactly get mucky myself. Above you can see our luxurious mode of transportation.


This was before it got really icky. Scooping out the last bit of water with buckets.

 
Who needs TV when you've got mucky reservoirs being cleaned?


Down to the yucky stuff.


The "gunk" that used to live at the bottom of the reservoir. Now our showers won't be green anymore!  

So yeah. That was Sunday. If I can find enough interesting photographic opportunities, I'll show you Monday. And Tuesday. And Wednesday. And so on. As for now, my eyelids are fighting gravity.



No comments:

Post a Comment