Thursday 8 November 2012

Day 1: Golden Moments


I like to call them golden moments. Those little serendipities and precious times that warm your heart and deepen your smile wrinkles. Sometimes life's perplexities hide them, but they are always there. And even though I haven't always tried my best to find them, this past year is so full of beautiful memories that I could never squeeze  my gratitude for them all into one blog post.

Moments like sitting next to a sea turtle in the warm Hawaiian ocean while he nibbles at the kelp-covered rocks.


Late-night talks with the sweetest friend a girl could wish for.



Squeezing three giggling girls into a tiny two-person tent - this happened twice!



Bouncing on a trampoline with an energetic 6-year-old.



Soaking in a deliciously warm hot spring in the middle of a chilly rain shower (sorry, I didn't get a picture in the rain).



Countless adventures with this young man who means more to me every day.



These may seem like small things, but it's often the little, unexpected joys that thrill my heart the most. I am so thankful for every happy moment that God has given to me this year, and for all the little ways He has shown His love. This has definitely been a year to be grateful for!

5 comments:

  1. aw, what precious moments out of your year. I'm happy for you that you have someone special to add sunshine to your days. May God bless you and your relationship!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! God has really been so good to me. :)

      Delete
  2. Melissa, precious memories! Thanks for sharing! I enjoyed every bit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you for stopping by! I'm looking forward to following your posts in the next couple weeks. :)

      Delete
  3. I loved that you posted pictures with your memories. Such a great idea! :-) Thank you for sharing with us!!

    ReplyDelete