Wednesday 14 November 2012

Day Seven: Blessings With T


As I tried to think of T blessings that I am thankful for, I realized there are a lot of T things in nature that always bring a smile to my face. If you've been following my blog for a while, you know that I love to collect life's simple pleasures into lists to remember and cherish. Here are a few of those simple things that I'm glad God has blessed me with this year.

Trees
I just love trees. Lying on my back in the grass and staring up into their leafy ceiling. Clambering up into their branches. Wondering about the age of a certain tree, and if any other girls in years past have stood in the same shade and felt the same sweet restfulness.

Thunderstorms
I don't really like them when I'm outside in them, or when the trees are bending so far they look as if they could snap any minute; but when I'm inside, curled up with a book, or snuggled down in bed for the night, there is nothing like a good thunderstorm. The rumble of thunder that sends delightful shivers to my toes and fingertips. The drumming of rain on the roof that fills me with comfortable drowsiness. Ah, I almost want to go find my pillow just thinking about it!

Twilight
Not the movie. Never seen it, never intend to. But that breathtaking time of day, when the pink clouds fade, and a quiet peace wraps itself around the world as birds twitter good-night melodies. It's the time of day when, if you sit outside and close your eyes, God seems so close you could almost reach out and touch Him.

Twinkling stars
Words seem so inadequate when describing a starry night. Looking out into that vastness, and realizing just how many billions of galaxies are twinkling at me, I am awed by God's power. And I am overwhelmed by His interest in tiny little me on this speck of a planet.


1 comment:

  1. I just love your "T" blessings, especially the stars, on a DARK night. It is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete