Friday 9 November 2012

Day Two: Raindrops

It took me a long time to settle on an "R" blessing to write about. So many wonderful things start with "R"! Like rest, renewing, restoring, relationships, and the list goes on. But I finally decided on an "R" that may sound a little strange at first.

Raindrops.

I love the pitter-patter of raindrops. Their soft melody gives me a fuzzy feeling inside that makes me want to cuddle up with a good book, or snuggle down for a nap.

But this year I've been delving deeper into the blessing of another kind of raindrop. The kind that multiplies into squalls that drench you and shut out the sunshine. The hard times that wrench your stomach into a knot and make you wonder, "Why?"

These raindrops don't give me cozy feelings. They plain old hurt. But they also drive me to my knees. They show me that God is holding me even when I can't sense it. And as I learn to give the confusion to Him, they actually make me a stronger person.

Today I am thankful for the lessons the difficult days have taught me - and for my Jesus who has never once let me go.


1 comment:

  1. I too, am grateful for those raindrops that drive me to Christ. It reminds me of a song I listened to often, "Blessings", By Laura Story. Sometimes His blessings DO come through those raindrops!

    ReplyDelete